Monday, April 5, 2010

Smoke Smoke Everywhere!

I feel awful today, there's a frog in my throat, my nose feels like it's twice its normal size. When I look at Muhammad, I feel really bad though it's definitely not my fault.

I was with a friend, accompanying her throughout her less than an hour important discussion and this guy just coudn't stop smoking. It was obvious that he was trying to puff as far as he could. While taking a break later at a restaurant, a guy behind me openly lit a cigarrette right behind me. I wonder whether he was just ignorant or simply could not bother the damage he's causing to my baby.. I moved away to the other side of the table.. Years back, I was really skeptical when the government came out with a long list of non-smoking zone in Malaysia.. assuming that it's never going to be implemented fully. Now, the list definitely remained as a long list.

I just find smokers so selfish. I apologize for my humble opinion.. but the only ones who seem to be enjoying it are them. I was just so furious with smokers that I asked my students when I taught physical education in school to calculate the money their father spent on smoking. I can still remember their angry faces when I asked the, "is it enough to pay your school fees?". I knew some of them haven't paid their fees.

The truth is, I'm allergic to smoke.. the minute peple light up their cigarette, I can actually feel the effect immediately.. my eyes become watery, my nose stings and I'll start sneezing. I do wonder how those with asthma survive when they are exposed to smoke.

Maybe one day.. when the tax for cigarette are really high and people's awareness gets better and the anti smoking campaign is really working.. things are gonna get better.. I hope or is it just wishful thinking?
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. ha...mimpi la klu ada perokok peduli dgn zon-zon larangan tuh. Bukan ada sesape nak tangkap mrk pong! tu yg mrk berani tuh. KKdg tak guna wat undang2 klu takde penguatkuasaan. Org malaysia mana nak ikut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stupid selfish idiot.. especially around a baby.. *sigh* tell them if they have to kill themselves, must they drag us too? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails