Saturday, January 16, 2016

So, What is a Memory Trigger?

Have you been sad when you listen to certain song, or sometimes thrilled when you are somewhere without any particular reason. It's a Memory Trigger.

I get sad listening to Lion King Song.. get excited when I smell the forest and fall in love completely when I listen to Mix FM especially when they air songs from the 90s. I have plenty of memory triggers that leaves me having mixed feelings at the end of the day.. Tak boleh dilayan sangat memory trigger.. karang jadi macam orang gila hehe..

Anyway.. I'd love to share some of mine.. It's crazy but honestly I love it. Whenever I get a mixed feeling, I'd try to recall what event do I associate it with. Basically, it's just simple. The song, or smell or view or anything is attached to your feelings when you feel how you felt the first time to encounter it.. Hahaha.. kan dah berbelit tu.. Your feelings is triggered by something attached to it. Let's see if I can remember some.. off to youtube to search for some hehe..


Shoulder to Cry on by Tommy Page.

Okay lagu ni memang nostalgic la. This was the time when I feel like I have someone. Not that I had a boyfriend or something. It's just that I had a major crush on someone but of course la kan.. as usual.. bertepuk sebelah tangan.. fuuhh!! Darjah 6 baru tuuuu... sambungan pada lagu ni ada lagu lain yang remind me of this guy! Okaylah.. if you need to know.. nothing happened. We never 'couple'.. basically a case of pure syok sendiri.. huaaaa.. whyyyy whyyyy whyyy!!.. Major rejection hokay!

Moving on to the next song...


Still with the same guy hokay..  I was 16 back then, alkisah my crush tu satu sekolah dengan kakak my junior.. Second major rejection, so when I watched this clip.. this reminds me of my broken heart.. Huaaaa.. why did I choose to write this entry ek.. Okay moving on.. hopefully to a more cheerful memory trigger.. Remember.. it can be anything..


Menuju Punjak - This brings me mixed feelings.. sedih.. happy.. bersemangat.. Being glued to the tv like there's no tomorrow.. Even my maid back then laughed at me. We were renting at an apartment at Taman Melati Kl. This is a positive mental trigger.. [sigh]..

Finally..


This reminds me of a very good feeling. Our English Camp with Primary School Pupils at Kem Herba @Hulu Langat. Sangat happening hokay!! This song was not even in the plan, but one of the groups insists that they wanna perform this song.. As I'm writing this, I have goosebumps hokay!! The best part was.. the whole participants sang the song during the chorus.. including the trainers.. Boy, it was a super good feeling.. So, whenever I'm down.. I'd sing this song.. and I'll cheer up!

Maybe later, I'll try to write more about memory trigger.. but perhaps photos and smell!

I just love myself!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails