Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This is what i learnt from my maid, Neng.

Neng, my maid of 4 years never believed me that i learnt a lot from her. Here are amongst the lesson i learnt from her.

1. Kids are funny

I remember during potty training and she was running to the bathroom with my son in her arms, they didnt make it, and she thought it was really funny. I would definitely be grumpy.

2. Be grateful with what u have

She comes from kampung and stays in a a house with bamboo wall when people can actually see her from outside. She works in the paddy field with her dad and has her shower in the river nearby. And yet, she's the happiest person alive.

3. Kids really have interesting stories to share

Everytime my kids come back to school, they will all go to her room and tell her a lot of stories. The odd thing is, she'll stop whatever she is doing and listens. She is interested in kids. Honestly, when our kids are telling us stories, there are times that we think that it's trivial.. but the truth is it may sound trivial to us but big to them.

4. Wake up early and rest early

Neng starts her day 5.00 every morning. After finishing her routine, she (to be continued)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails