Monday, April 13, 2009

The Art of Forgiving

In 2007, I had a big fight with a really good friend. It was my mistake.. I was really unhappy about her that i wrote a long sms about her to my husband in hope for calming myself. I was relief after i expressed my dissatisfaction to my husband. Two days later only i realized that i didn't send the sms to my husband, i sent it to her instead.

That was the end of the relationship. Regret? Who doesn't regret a huge mistake like that? I apologized and apologized but i know there was no way she could ever forgive me. She told me her reasons. She said she really thought that i was a genuine sincere friend, until that day.. I lost a good friend..

I had no choice. I left her alone, trying to give her some time to forgive me. Nothing happened. She avoided me completely, refusing to even look at me. She told me she would start crying if she ever did.. and i know it was time... to let go.

I hold on to all great memories we had together... and i forgive her for not forgiving me.. and the most important thing is.. i forgive myself for making such terrible mistake in my life.. Sounds like i don't really care but i do.. I just don't want to regret things that i can never change.. There is no such thing as "what if?". With that i have a piece of mind...

I pray that one day, she will find the art of forgiveness and have peace in her heart for forgiving is not meant for others only. I believe, Allah wants us to forgive and He gives peace to both those who forgive and forgiven..

So, this is my positive affirmation everytime i feel reaally down..

I forgive you for hurting me and I forgive myself for hurting others and I forgive myself for all the mistakes that I have done!


Try it! It'll work wonders!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails