Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Very 1st Malaysian Babywearers Gathering!

I was a bit shy to come at the beginning actually but then the other members of the forum kept on encouraging newbies to come.. It was great.. I'm into wraps.. I just love the closeness of the baby to me. Since one of the topics was going to be on backcarries, I braved myself. (can remember myself being a shy person hehe but meeting up a bunch of new people definitely makes me nervous!)

I was a bit late, we were stuck in the jam.. Though I managed to get Ila to join, I was still a bit nervous. However, once you are in it, there's no turning back. You somehow blend with the environment.

We had no worries about the baby crying or having to stand while they talk if the baby does cry. What I enjoyed most, apart of the babywearing was the food of course.. hehe.. What impressed me most is the fact that the husbands were all patiently waiting while waiting for their older kids.. My husband was at the Mamak Stall with the rest of the clan.

If you look at the pix, you can actually see they simply stash everything there for us to try. Most of them are personal stuff (thanks guys.. I enjoyed trying the Vatanai.. terdiam la sekejap because my 6.1kg baby seems weightless in it compared to my DIY Jersey knit..). I wish baby Muhammad did not sleep. I was really eager to try out the SSC as well as the Mei Tai..

Why am I writing this? I'm hoping all newbies to join. It's a great experience and I'm hoping to join more gathering after this. So, the next step is to brave myself to drive myself or to get a GPS though.. So, newbies.. I quote what Adriana said yesterday.. "Babywearing is addictive!" Couldn't agree more! so, join us in the next gathering ya!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails