Friday, June 10, 2011

Memories | Sometimes to Forget is a Blessing.


Lately.. I have been occupied by my school friends in our School Group @ Facebook and no matter how hard I try, I have very little memories of school.. and I mean very very little memories. I wonder if it's because of the aging factor.. or the sleeping in the afternoon while nursing my babies that caused that. After thinking for a while.. I have to conclude that it's a blessing.

I hated school. Being in the group, though entertaining most of the time.. also comes with sad memories. I'm just lucky though.. I'm blessed with the ability to forget all those bad memories. I really don't have to try any harder to remember because I really want to forget those memories.
Sometimes I wonder if things would have been different if I was in a different school or went to that school willingly. Or would it be different in a bad way if I choose to cling to the bad memories.

Earlier last year.. I found classmates from my primary school.. Though I remember bits and pieces of the memories.. I forgot most of it. I can only remember the ones I decided to remember.. those sweet memories but mostly.. I'd say it's gone.

Alhamdulillah.. the brain is a powerful organ indeed. Though it can remember many many things, I believe that it's even more powerful if we can forget.. so that we can move on.. I had to erase a lot in order to move on.. Though I can't remember (because I refuse to even try to remember) there are times when there is still a piercing pain in my heart that 'can' bring tears in my eyes and I stopped thinking completely about it.

I'm glad that I decided to move on.. and forget and forgive whoever and whatever things in life that seemed to bother me.. because no matter what... Life Goes on!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails