Thursday, April 17, 2008

Price increase! Help!

Just came back from my regular trip to the baking supplies store.. Can't believe the increase in the price. When i started selling sampret, Anchor butter costs me only RM3.30, I was shocked to see the price at RM5.00 compared to last week's price RM4.80.

Heard from Ah Meng, the price of cocoa powder will increase, as well as cream cheese. I remember, cream cheese used to be RM33.00 per 2kg. It increased to RM35.00, then RM38.00 and now it's RM42.50.

Still i'm glad to be able to bake my own cheese cake for my kids. 4 years ago, i was still indulging myself at Secret Recipe's or Angel, when i realized that it's gonna cost a fortune to buy a cake for RM70++ to cater my whole family. Seems that the price increase is killing me.

I find it really difficult to maintain my price. Selling chocolate cake has been a wonderful part time job. Of course, it started with baking for my kids, then for my friends and now for my neighbours, but then, i used to spend RM50 and get a lot of things but now...

I'm still wondering now whether to continue selling my cakes or not. Despite the encouragement from friends who insist that i should increase the cake price, i don't really know. What do you think?
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails