Monday, February 22, 2010

He's not just any Peter, he's MY Peter Walsh!

I hate cleaning up the house.. for me it is really a big time consuming thing to do. However, everytime I watch Peter Walsh in action in Oprah, I have this one kind of resolution to work on decluttering. In fact, I have been decluttering for quite a number of time, but then since I really don't have a place to put them, I ended up doing the same thing again and again like one big circle.

What I hate most is the fact that my kids just love to check on the items that I've sorted in boxes and put them everywhere. I just think I have to sit down and do it together and get it sent right after sorting rather than doing it again and again.

I'm amazed with one of the parents at my kids' school who collected our trash, resell and donate the money to the school. But then, it has been 2 years since she has been struggling to get a specific location in the school for her charity shop.

I think I'm gonna restart the decluttering, put the items straight in boxes, label them and seal before transporting to the charity shop (once the school decided where they are going to help us help them .. org mau tolong pun taknak!).. Or perhaps, I should spread a big plastic outside, divide into 5 categories like what Peter Walsh did; trash, keep, donate, sell.. alamak what's the 5th??? then... start having a garage sale..

What I like most about Peter Walsh is.. he is just so positive! Having a cluttered home just make you feel bad enough, you'll feel even worse when you notice your guests straying their eyes and some even make nasty comments.. :P but Peter Walsh, my Peter Walsh is just so inspiring.. making you want to have a better home!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. OMG I have been so stressed about the clutter at my house as well! I have 4 baskets of clothes that are just sitting there because there is no space in our wardrobe. I'm so ashamed! I keep telling myself that when we move to our new place, I will take the opportunity to de-clutter :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm terrified now after watching Hoarder ch733, seems that everything that they cling on has a story.. and they end up piling everything..
    i tend to cling on to things and can't let go.. which is scarryyy...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails