Friday, February 14, 2014

So, you can build your reputation?

Well, as the title says.. you CAN build your reputation! After all it's all part of the plan. 

One thing I learnt by being part of numerous facebook groups is YES, YOU CAN BUILD YOUR REPUTATION. In fact, I guess I'd say, sometimes, people know your reputation more that you can know about your own.

I've been in many facebook groups and I left many of them as well. Not that I fought or anything but I just don't think I should be in groups without having anything to say. Sometimes I didn't know who added me and somehow I found myself having notifications about the group. 

Anyway, back to the topic, I do realize by now that reputation can be built. In fact, some choose to 'create' their reputation as experts in certain areas so they can build their reputation; which sometimes work for their businessES. I'm not saying that it isn't right, but different people have different ways of using facebook.

A word of advise though. If you create your facebook account just to do business, I'd strongly suggest that you create a page as well and create as many fans as you can. If you choose to be the 'expert' by commenting only comments relating to your business area, that is quite a strategy. The only thing is, mind your language, manners and just don't get offended if people unfriend you and bear in mind that you CAN be reported as spamming and be restricted from adding friends for a certain period of time. 

Note:
this is just a mere reflection while I unfriend some strangers whom I add because of the number of mutual friends (and it seems that that person is a total stranger) as well as some cyberfriends who I added because I met at networking sessions and found out that they spam as part of their marketing plan.

PeAce yaw!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails