Friday, May 22, 2015

So, What's Your Talent?

I was doing my work at a kopitiam while waiting for my husband to pick me up. Then, one of the papers just flew on the floor. The waiter bent and picked it up while balancing 2 glasses of drinks on a tray which he was holding with his other hand. I went 'whoaaa.. you're really good!'. I was really impressed! I would imagine me spilling the drinks or stopping the paper from flying by stopping it with my foot.

So, what's your talent? I taught a bunch of adults students and get them to present to the audience their partner's talent. I was surprised with the outcome. Apart from their current job, they have hobbies and other job skills. One of them can do wiring, another is good at building maintenance, while another is good at beading. An ex worker at Mc Donald's gave me tips on how to maintain the cleanliness in the kitchen and many are really good at cooking healthy homemade meals. The list goes on. One of them travels around the world through his part time job.

By the end of the presentation, I was really happy that we did that activity. It is such a boost to my morale to know that everyone is special in their own way. We just have to believe that everyone is unique and being comfortable in your own skin is important to be confident. Of course, there will be no one telling you that you are good. You just have to know it yourself!




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails