Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindy Mini Sketch

I started practising with the kindy kids "Heal the World", alhamdulillah, they really like the song.. some even wanted to bring back home the lyric so that they can practice at home..

I learnt the trick of teaching them english song from their teacher last year during convocation..

1. read aloud.. just to make sure they are familiar with the words
2. Let them listen to the song.. just to get them familiar with the melody
3. Practice 1 stanza at a time.. going superslow.. then, use the music to sing along..
4. continue without music with the second stanza, repeat from stanza 1, then use the music...
5. continue with the rest of the stanza.. not forgetting to move back and forth..
6. be patient!

Honestly, I don't really think I can make it to practice the sketch itself.. I'll be in my confinement.. See what happens!

Singing New Song Tips:-

#1 make sure the lyrics are printed big enough (extra large if they are not good at reading yet)
#2 you can drill the difficult words on the board before even starting to sing
#3 I use block art to write my lyric, stanza by stanza.. this way, I can always keep the lyric in case I need to use later. It also saves space compared to the manila card or mahjong paper.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails