Friday, November 6, 2009

Err.. Bukan Khurafat ke Tu?


Went to the clinic the other day with my 2-month-old baby. After 2 brothers had been infected, it was now his turn.. Poor thing.. he had been clingy since 2 days before..


An elderly woman with her grandson smiled at me.. Once she knew it's chicken pox, she offered me her remedy.. to bath Muhammad with water from young coconut.. Why didn't I think of that? I dare not give him coconut water but to bath or sponge bath him with it is a totally different story.. I thanked her... the next remedy was really scary for me..


"Taknya ambil colok cina, asap-asapkan badan dia.. dulu pakai kemenyan.. sekarang ni pakai colok cina je boleh".. I could not compute.. Will the smoke from the joss stick help killing the virus? I stammered when I asked her why.. She answered "Ye la.. asal chicken pox tu kan dari H*****, kalau dulu kena pergi kuil, minta ubat boleh baik.. "


I was shocked.. dalam hati.. "er bukan khurafat ke tu?" but the question remained in my heart. I dared not tell her my piece of mind as it can be really offensive if you don't know how to do it properly. What came to my mind at that time was, if you are asking help from other than Allah, silap-silap haribulan boleh syirik.. apatah lagi meminta dari orang yang menyembah selain dari Allah.. Na'uzubillaahi min zalik!


Anyway.. when I was on my way home.. I regretted myself for not blurting the question out.. Or was it enough just to reprimand quietly.. itulah selemah-lemah iman..

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails