Sunday, November 1, 2009

What a Trip!

I was driving, my husband was not around, when suddenly I heard one soft voice from behind.. "Ibu, jom pergi Jusco" (Ibu, let's go to Jusco). I knew sooner or later, they will ask me to go to the mall. They know that this is definitely not my husband's favourite activity..



I was nervous.. Can I really single-handedly take care of my 5 kids. There was a long pause. I did my calculation, baby Muhammad will be in my arms secured tightly with my version of Moby Sling. My 8-year-old daughter will be in charged of the 3-year-old son and my eldest son, 10 will be with his buddy, 6-year-old Haziq. I glanced at the car clock.. It was 10.45.. by the time I reach there, it'll be around 11.. Still early..



I decided to make an agreement.. I laid out a very long list of rules.. Strictly no straying, no walking alone, Nurul will always have to walk in front of me.. blah blah blah or else.. "Or else?", my son asked.. THIS WILL BE THE LAST TRIP TO JUSCO.. Everyone held their breath.. I had their words but I just kept quiet. They know if they keep on pastering me, they have no hope so they were all in silence..



Just before I reached the junction that separates my home and the mall, I decided to give it a try.. they were thrilled..



I didn't dare walking around the mall. We stopped at the nearest bench in the mall, put baby Muhammad in his sling and we walked straight to Jusco Playland. As agreed, they went from game to game in groups.. and finally they spent a looongg time at the Sand Art Station. My eldest helped the youngest peeling the stickers. It kept them occupied for a long time while I bond with baby Muhammad.

Then, we had a quick tour to the kitchen department, Popular book store and went straight to have our regular ice cream. It was a three-hour-trip without us realizing it. Alhamdulillah.. everyone went home happy..
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Tahniah. U managed them well. Kak Wan pening bila bawa anak2 sorang g Tesco. Rela g sorang2 tanpa anak2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nina, terror u manage ur children...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails