Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why I'm so Addicted to 'Bejewelled Blitz'


I've been spending hours in front of the PC, playing 'Bejewelled'. Even my kids are excited too. In fact, they are now starting to play. At first, I really thought it is just a matter of swapping gems until I finally decided what was so addictive about it.


This afternoon, as soon as Haziq heard me playing it, he quickly rushed to watch me playing.. 'Wah! Hebatlah ibu' (You're really good!). I realized that the reward was not really the high score, but it was the positive reinforcement! I just couldn't help enjoying the phraises, "Good", "Incredible", "Excellent"... The more you hear those magical words, the more gems you tend to swap.. the more excited my son became.


It's a bit ironic with the fact that we love being acknowledged for our accomplishment but we somehow fail to give acknowledment to those who deserve credit. I'm really sad when my son has to ask me "Do I behave today?", failing to give credit to him that he has to ask. So, in this short entry, I'm making myself a 'Bejewelled' pledge.. "Acknowledge Others the Way You Like to be Acknowledged.." :P

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails