Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hunting for the Perfect Sling

Finally my confinement is over.. and now I'm really busy hunting for the perfect sling for Muhammad. Moby Wrap, Pouch Sling.. not forgetting the nursing cover. The thing is, this sling is just sooo expensive to buy. After a long time browsing the net (that's why I haven't been updating this blog), I decided to stick to my maid's "flannel kain gendong". It's amazing how the westerners mothers are also using "kain gendong". I remember using one in Langkawi, my 4th child was cranky being too tired going here and there, I bought myself one "batik lepas" and started carrying him. I could see that I suddenly became the centre of attention compared to those gamelan players at Kota Mahsuri. Then, I started talking like Indonesian to my husband (kikikik.. lagilah orang tengok, I just love the attention hehe)

My previous search was on nursing cover.. or called hooter hider. breastfeeding blankets and god knows what else they call it. I managed to sew my own but because I got the ideas from websites from overseas, I really had trouble trying to find the material here. "D-ring", for instance is called "buckle" here and "boning" had to be substituted with material used for stiffening shirt collar. It's still half way because I've been searching here and there for the material needed.. Maybe I'll just post the pics when they are ready!

As I was browsing the net, I could see some nursing mothers eventually became WAHM (working at home mothers), selling different types of sling, crafts etc etc etc. I bet all of them started when they were browsing the net for the perfect sling and nursing cover..

Will I be one of them? hahaha.. maybe I'll just stick to training. [wink wink]

Till we meet again! Assalamualaikum..
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails