Monday, October 5, 2009

A Trip from the Hospital (1-month check up), Congrats Baby Muhammad!

Alhamdulillah.. after my 1-month check up with my gynae, we went straight to see the baby's doc. While waiting for my turn at the gynae's clinic, Muhammad had fed and filled up his diaper.. (he really thought it's a sovenir for his doctor). Carefully keeping the angpow Muhammad received for raya (yes! it was my doctor who delivered him who gave him the angpow, I wish I can tell you the name.. hehe), we went straight to the washroom to change..

We were the first patient.. I was even jovial than baby Muhammad when the doctor congratulated him for fully breastfeeding for the whole month (okay okay.. not fully fully.. I think the nurse managed to give him 3 feeds argggh!). He actually said "Tak ramai baby yang cerdik nak menyusu.. ada yang ilmu tak cukup, sebulan, susu dah kering..).

He gave us a few tips on breastfeeding as well as nappy rash

#1 Make sure you empty each breast by letting him feed for at least 30 minutes, if you keep on switching breasts whenever he cries, he will still feel hungry as he is feeding on the foremilk (which quench the thirst) from both breasts. It's the hind milk that gives him the fat he needs)..

#2 Since Muhammad's skin seems to be a bit sensitive, he suggests changing the diapers often or change to napkin. He did mention some parents buy really expensive diapers and avoid changing it often.. to save... hehe. Despite tonnes of diapers advertisement which promote their good ventilation.. he suggests buying the cheaper ones but change often.. This is my second brand.. and I notice that his rashes seems to be near the guard..

I do change the diaper quite often but I have to admit.. whenever he is a bit tired or colicky, I tend to let him sleep because the minute I change the diaper, he will wake up and I have to put him back to sleep and it's like a never ending story.. Bad mummy!

My sis-in-law came yesterday and suggested using 'tepung ubi' (tapioca flour), and the next morning, I could see the rashes not as angry as the night before.. maybe I should but (should have asked her some of hers so I can start immediately). In fact, I did use tapioca flour when I had my first son.. as suggested by my sister.. but totally forgotten about it!

Before we went out of the doctor's room, we were told that he weighs 4.00kg.. wow! he was born 2.5kg.. That's 1.5kg-weight-gain.. so.. who says breastmilk is not enough? anyone?

Congratulation Baby Muhammad.. I really enjoy your company during this confinement and the best part is, when you gain 1.5kg, I lost more kgs in producing the milk plus the fact that the womb contracts to be back to it's size every time you feed. Alhamdulillah.. Allah knows best!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails