Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Polygamy|Never against the System!

I remember a non muslim student asking me years ago about why Islam made Polygamy legal. I laughed and didn't startle the slightest bit. Well, it's different from my alter ego; the feminist! I smiled and gave him one example and he accepted it.

My example was this..

Imagine if a guy's wife is in a deep coma and this has been going on for 10 years and he is terribly lonely.. Should he divorced the wife in search of a new one? [Err..].. Say .. polygamy is not allowed and he divorced his wife because he believed that she has no hope. So, he remarried to a brand new wife to ease his loneliness.. Then suddenly.. the hospital calls him with a miracle.. the ex-wife has woken up. [erkk...]. Should he divorce his newly wed wife to be with his ex-wife.

My student didn't say and I know it made sense. Though I never really encourage , neither do I offer my husband to marry another one, I'm never against the system because there must be a good reason Allah grants permission to men to marry more than 1.

Though men chuckles whenever the word is mentioned and women quickly become snappy and menopausal (in terms of mood swing and hormonal changes), only some are daring enough for the responsibilities are greater and the tests are way more than being monogamist. And women are not very keen because they know.. they are not very fond of sharing when it comes to men.

A friend of mine did warn me.. about leaving 5 percent of the chances. Well, she said.. in case it happens, it's not that bad because you have already anticipated it. (Been trying and still trying). We never really know what will happen in the future. Though I didn't admit it.. I leave it in the hand of Allah.. and pray for my strength if it ever happens.. Having said that "Abang, jangan nak macam2 ya!!!"
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails