Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pregnancy Check Up

Yesterday was my 29th week pregnancy check up.. There were a lot of questions in my mind. I did made a mental note of the things that I need to ask the doctor. Though this is going to be my fifth one, giving birth is always a new experience..

Even until now, I still haven't done my pelvic floor exercise, my breathing exercise consistently.. I haven't even done my usual revision of my Dorling Kindersly book on giving birth..

From my check up yesterday..

1)I'm suppose to tell the doctor (during labour) that I want to fully breasfeed my baby if possible within the first hour after labour. If not, they will think that you need rest and feed the baby in the nursery.

I remember waiting for the nurse to send me my second baby. To my dismay, they have already fed her. What mommies do not know is that it is really important to feed your baby within the first hour to stimulate your breast into producing milk. Giving them formula milk will only delay the milk production. As soon as you feed the baby.. you can actually feel contraction to show our body's natural process of healing. Thank you Allah..

2)I must have the courage to ask for bonding with my baby.

The only time I had 'bonding' right after birth was with my first child. The minute after birth, the nurse put the baby right on my bare chest. The baby was alert and the minute the nurse took him back.. he cried his heart out as if he was really sad to be apart!

I can never explained the feelings back then. Every birth, I really want to do this but I never had the courage to tell the doctor.. Maybe it is time that I speak up..

3) The minute I have signs of labour, I should go immediately to the hospital.. It can be a a plug of mucus or the breaking of the water bag. saspennya!

4) Since I have a history of early labour, I really should pack my stuff at least 1 month before due. This time I'll pack stuff for my kids as well as they will be sent straight to the nursery if I have to go to the hospital.

and finally..

5) I'd better come out with a list of things to pack.. and things to do..

start praying doa nabi yunus! i forgot totally bout that!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. wah, nina tambah lagi satu yer...takper banyak masa nak jaga...Alhamdulillah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tambah la selagi boleh tambah.. bila lagi nak merasa pregnant dan melepak at the same time.. he he

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails