Sunday, September 20, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya!

Alhamdulillah.. this is the very first time celebrating raya at our own place.. All this while, we have been celebrating at my husband's and my 'kampung' alternately. So this year, my second attempt to make my own 'rendang' somehow works! This time, I quickly jot down the recipe! (the first attempt was a success as well but then I really could not remember which recipe I used! [sigh]).. Azly actually queued for almost an hour yesterday to buy 'lomang' to eat with my rendang.. Of course I only eat the 'rendang' with nasi impit.. using a friend of mine tips on using our own plastic.. he he he.. of course everyone else prefer 'lemang' sob sob...

I think my phone bill is gonna plummet this month.. been calling friends, family to wish them raya. I didn't manage to make any cookies this year.. luckily a friend of mine came with 3 big packets of 'kerepek' (all almost gone), my mom gave us 'maruku' (which is finished even before raya even near).. and I bought 3 packet of my favourite "batang buruk" which will have to wait for me to finish it after confinement..

My husband and the boys (except for little Muhammad) all went to Surau for raya prayers.. surrounded by almost 300 bangladeshis.. of course their takbir is different which gives them a different feeling from our raya at 'kampung'..

My parents came this morning with my youngest sister.. all packed with food and goodies.. Not that I didn't want to go to house.. but my flabby tummy keeps on pressuring the stiches that I dare not stay too long in the car..

I think that's it for now... Have a very safe raya! Stay away from fire crackers and please please please recite doa before you hit the road.. Accidents have been reported every day since 3 days before raya.. and you DON'T want to be part of the statistics!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails